Monday, May 19, 2008

Not your regular Sunday.

I spent all of Sunday morning helping my mother sort out old newspapers.All of last month's papers carried stories about the anti-Olympic protests held by the global Tibetan community.I glanced upon a particularly telling picture-a poster hanging upon the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco that said,"The answer my friend is blowing in the wind". This immediately reminded me of something my little cousin had told me a couple of years back.We were both listening to Dylan when she, very seriously, asked me,"Didi, why does the man keep on saying -The ants are my friends/They are blowing in the wind?". I could only smile at her. Little did I know then that I would one day use it in a pj blog.
The various reports on China have inspired this fresh batch of pjs.
Hypothetical situation-A couple of Chinese talking in Bengali.
What did some worried authorities tell the Chinese Prime-minister after they heard about the Tibetan protests?
A: "Eto jhamelar por aamra aar olympic games chayi na!".
What is one of the main paradoxes about China?
A: The country is known for it's tea and yet it's name is"Chai....na!".
What is the Kolkatan's version of the Olympic Games?
A:An unending beer-drinking competion at OLY PUB!
I just heard that the West Bengal government has given a new name to the Maoists.They're now called "Maoshas" since they're as irritating as the other well-known parasites-"Moshas".( In school,my Bio teacher taught me that mosquitoes were PUBLIC ENEMY No. 1.Are they really?)
The Bengalis have been so interested in Chairman Mao that they decided to make an entire programme, exploring the way Mao eats.I'm sure all of you were aware that there was a programme on Zee Bangla called "Hao Mao Khao''.
And do you know that a lot of Indians are cannibals.After a meal, most of us have "Maori''.The New Zealand government is thus launching an attack on Indians.Watch out!
Now getting back to my other favourite subject-the IPL.As the telegraph rightly put it, the knignt-riders were completely "blown away''. But I guess, they none the less got a party from King Khan.Apparently the following songs were played at the party-
1."Riders in the storm" by the Doors.
2.Sridevi's famous dance number"Hawa Hawai"
3.And to top it all, there was Anu Malik(with his perpetually paralysed voice) singing "Dekho barish ho rahi hain/It's raining,it's raining,it's raining/Mera dil kho raha hain/My heart is paining,it's paining,it's paining"(All lit. students take note.You don't get lyrics as good as these).Shahrukh did his Kal-ho-na-ho heart attack scene for special effect.
Oh, and I must end this post with another Olympic joke that suddenly came to my mind.I'snt it ironic that they want fit athletes, even though the games are called the "All-limp-pics" .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not get the "Eto jhamelar por aamra aar olympic games chayi na!". one :?

sushovan said...

chaiye jao... make us PJists proud by ur relentless endevour to annoy and bug the world. im warming up..will soon start mine and Ms.Austen is in for a hard time.revenge shall be mine.

cyber monkey said...

@neelu,
chayi na = China.
gettit? :D

'Riders in the storm' brilliant! :P

rukmini said...

Hahaha... "the ants are my friend..." -eta kon cousin?!

Oh, aar ekta correction: the Any Malik lyrics go: "mera dil Row raha hai.../ it's paining, or rowing, or something..."